Hausmann Chamber Music Program
An intensive chamber music experience for dedicated string players and pianists ages 12 and older.*
presented by SDSU’s Community Music School
For 8-10 weeks, students are engaged in a dynamic combination of coaching sessions, classes, performances, and social opportunities. Participants will be placed in groups of three, four or five based on their prior experience in chamber music and their age and skill level. Students will not only make music together, they will form lasting friendships. Pre-formed groups are also welcome to apply.
HCMP is held on the SDSU campus in the School of Music and Dance, presented by the Community Music School.
Fall Semester Dates
October 1 – Dec 3, 2023
10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 11/26, 12/3
final concert 12/4 or 12/5 (TBC)
Winter/Spring Semester Dates
TBA (March – May)
- Chamber Music Group Coaching from SDSU’s Quartet-in-Residence, the Hausmann Quartet
- Master Classes by SDSU faculty and visiting guest artists
- Group activities
- Final Student Performance
Sundays, 12:45-2:45pm and 1:45-3:45pm *Note new times*
Each session includes 1 hour of individual small ensemble coaching and 1 hour of large group activity
September 10, 2023
$25 application fee
Apply here, select HCMP from drop-down menu (audition video required)
Scholarships are available.
San Diego State University
School of Music of Dance
Please contact Bram Goldstein at 857-998-0372 or info [at] hausmannquartet.com for additional information.
- Younger students and wind/brass players will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. We also offer an Intro to Chamber Music class for those who are newer to their instrument and would like to explore chamber music.
- The social nature of chamber music creates a space for students to learn through cooperation, encouragement and energetic engagement in an extremely hands-on environment that creates a strong sense of community, fostering positive social interaction with like-minded peers.
- Hausmann Chamber Music Program is a fully-immersive chamber music center for learning, creativity and musical exploration.
- The mission of the Hausmann Chamber Music Program is to develop a community of engaged listeners and music lovers by sparking excitement, passion, and the spirit of curiosity through hands-on, year-round chamber music training, including coaching, master classes with Hausmann Quartet and visiting artists, performance opportunities, special topic workshops, and forums. HCMP welcomes each participant’s background and unique personality, and is committed to creating a safe, inclusive, and nurturing learning environment.